Twilight - Stephenie Meyer, Stephenie Meyer It took me a while before I decided to make a review for this book. Don’t get me wrong, I love Twilight. I LLLOOOOVVEEEE TWILIGHT! It was my first YA Paranormal book. This book brought me back to reading.

As a kid I loved reading. I read Nancy Drew, Hardy Boys, Sweet Valley and the sort. One day I just stopped reading. I don’t know why but I just stopped. Then one of my friends told me about Twilight. She told me to read the book because there was a movie coming out about it. I got curious and bought a copy. I had the small paperback version with Kirsten and Rob on the cover. I started reading and the rest was history.

I didn’t stop reading until I finished it in one seating. If I remember correctly I started reading it at around 11pm and ended it around I think 6am or something. I just couldn’t put it down. The book just rekindled my love for books.

I was new to the whole YA paranormal genre back then. I was clueless. I didn’t know that books like Twilight existed. I only read Dan Brown, Stephen King, Sidney Sheldon, Nicholas Sparks and other known authors but nothing like Twilight.

This book was narrated in Bella Swan’s point of view. Bella was moving to Forks, Washington to live with her father Charlie. She wasn’t at all that thrilled because she hated the weather there. It was almost always raining in Forks unlike in Arizona where it was always sunny and dry.

At school, she was the new kid and everyone wanted a piece of Bella Swan. Forks was a small town so almost everyone knew everybody. It was lunch time when she met them, the Cullens. She was however particularly drawn to handsome bronze haired, Edward who turned to be more than who she thinks he is.

Edward and the whole Cullen clan were vampires. They feed on animals because they didn’t want to kill humans. Alice and Edward both have gifts. Alice could see the future and Edward could read minds apart from Bella’s. If you want to know why then you would have read Breaking Dawn. :)

What is a good love story without the third party? Jacob. He was Bella’s childhood friend from the reservation. Jacob was human but he has some secrets of his own that would be revealed in the later books (can’t reveal it here aahahaha).

All in all the concept of the book was original which was what drawn me to the book in the first place. A vampire falling in love with a human was new to me. I have been reading books with vampire and human love affairs but still Twilight would forever be my favorite vampire book.

The only thing I didn’t like about this book was the heroine, Bella. She was annoying most of the time and a little immature for my taste. Edward however pulled me in immediately. He was like a drug to me that I couldn’t get enough of. Aside from Edward, Alice was also my favorite. She could see the future and she was very nice to Bella which I liked.

Despite my dislike for Bella, I would still give Twilight a 5!