The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend - Kody Keplinger DUFF, abbreviation
Designated Ugly Fat Friend

Bianca definitely didn’t see that one coming. Wesley Rush called her the DUFF (Designated Ugly Fat Friend). She wasn’t as tall or as pretty as her best friends but she was definitely not UGLY.

Being called the DUFF was not Bianca's main problem. It affected her ego yes but then again she had a lot going on in her life too. For one, her father was on the verge of losing it because her mother filed for divorce. Things were getting crappy at home and she needed an outlet which she found in the same person who called her the DUFF.

Let me start by saying that I absolutely loved the book. There are some points that I would like to point out that I didn’t agree with but that doesn’t stop me from loving this book.

I hated Bianca. She was not the type of character I would be rooting for. She was too cynical and too bitter. Bianca took for granted the people who cared for her. She ditched friends to have sex with Wesley. I mean sex with Wesley might be good (I would too if I got the chance! :D) but still turning down your friends for a booty call was a definite no-no! Also avoiding her problems would not solve anything neither does SEX. It would give you temporary pleasure but never give you a solution but more of a problem if an accident would happen. (You guys know what I mean right?)

Bianca's friends Casey and Jessica were good friends. I liked them because they were supportive and UNDERSTANDING. Bianca's been brushing them off but still they try to UNDERSTAND her. Also its not their fault that they were tall and pretty.

Then there's the man-whore Wesley Rush. I hate guys like him but for some reason reading about Wesley made me understand guys like him. His situation may not be the same for the rest of them (some are just plain a**holes) but Ms. Keplinger made him in a way that you'd like him despite his flaws.
NOTE: I hyperventilate everytime I read about him.
Seriously

Each of us has our own struggles. I liked how Ms. Keplinger showed us how teens nowadays cope with problems. Like it or not casual sex happens. It may not be sex for some but for others it maybe drugs, too much drinking, cutting or such. Everyone has their own way of coping. I understand what Bianca was going through but that is not an excuse to run away from her problems. She seemed to be a pretty strong character for me on the first part of the book but turned out she wasn’t really as strong as I thought she was. Good thing was as the story progressed she started to mature and so did Wesley.

I totally love this book.
Would definitely recommend it to anyone who wants a good read.
Would NOT recommend it for conservative people.

4.5!