One Day - David Nicholls One day was a story of two friends who despite their differences fell madly in love with each other.

Yes, that kind of story is not really something new. There maybe movies or books before this that may have the same premise but there is something about One Day that stands out from the rest.

Love is truly hard if you cannot freely show how you feel towards someone and this was Emma and Dexter’s problem. They were too afraid to show their feelings towards each other because it could ruin their friendship.

After graduation, Emma Morley and Dexter Mayhew decided to hook up but ended up taking about life and their future instead. They kept in touch with each other through letters and phone calls.

Once every year, we get a glimpse of what was happening to both Em and Dex. Things between them might not always been good but that doesn’t change the fact that they were crazy for each other despite both of them having different relationships.

The story of Dex and Em was not unique. It could happen to anyone which is why I loved this book. The story itself could have been someone else’s story or most people’s story for all we know.

It also deals with the importance of friendship and life choices. There are things in life that we could only do once. Life is short and I believe that to be true.

This book would leave you crying by the end of the book. Of course there would be moments when you will laugh at them too. Emma and Dexter is definitely one of my favorite novel couple.

A job well done! And for those who loved the book but are a little hesitant to watch the movie, watch it! They made it as close to the book as possible. For me, Jim Sturgess and Anne Hathaway did a flawless job