Dark Seraphine - KaSonndra Leigh First off, I’d like to thank Ms. KaSonndra Leigh for the copy of this book in return for an honest review (which is what I am going to do)

REACTION AFTER READING THE BOOK:

I got that crazy smile on my face when I finished reading this book.
Why the crazy smile?
But this book drove me nuts! (in a good way)

THE GIST

Dark Seraphine follows the Point-of-View of Caleb Wood. Ever since he was a kid, he knew he was different. He could see people appearing out of thin air. He could talk to them, hear them. He calls them “Walkers”.

One day, one of the Walkers started talking and stalking him. Her name was Gia. Caleb finds himself attracted to Gia and he feels that she was feeling the same towards him but she was starting to avoid him. A bunch of other weird things also started happening and Caleb has this thought that it might be related to Gia. But what he didn’t know was that it wasn’t just about Gia but something even bigger than he could have imagined.

FIRST IMPRESSION

If I could sum it up to one word, it would be EXCITED. I honestly didn’t expect Ms. Leigh to request me to read this book but I am glad she did. When I read her email this was how I would have looked like:

(if I was a sparkly multicolored pony but you get my point right? The excited look in the pony’s eyes? Yeah that’s what I was referring to. Hehehe.)

They synopsis on GR is actually very appealing to me. It’s something I would definitely be reading whether Ms. Leigh gave me the copy or not I would have still read it. (But I am thankful she gave me the chance to read it for free. I am eternally grateful!)

CHARACTERS

CALEB

I have to start with Caleb. I like his POV. He was definitely just like a typical high school guy. He was a little immature (but who wasn’t in high school right?) and cocky. I liked how sometimes he could be really goofy one minute and then becomes really serious the next. It only means that he isn’t all fun and games. The good thing with Caleb was he wasn’t like all other guys in YA books, he wasn’t all perfect and hot and all, he was what real guys at high school should be. He makes mistakes and make up for them.

GIA

I had a hard time liking her to tell you honestly. She was too mysterious for my liking but after awhile I realized why she had to be that way. At first I didn’t like her because she stalks Caleb and when Caleb developed feelings for her, she pushed him away. I was really irritated but then as the story goes you get to know why she acted the way she did. Also, I like her being this punk girl. She wasn’t the typical “hot-girly-type” of girl. She was kickass in a way. Totally cool!

CALEB + GIA = PUSH AND PULL RELATIONSHIP

From the very beginning I knew it was going to be CALEB and GIA and not ERICA. There was chemistry no doubt but there had been a time that I was a little irritated that GIA had to push CALEB away. I was ready to smack her in the head and tell her to cut her crap and just tell CALEB why she can’t so the poor guy would understand what was happening. But all in all, I liked it. Not loved it entirely though.

HIGHLIGHTS

> I liked the POV of Caleb. It was honest and real. I found it very authentic even though we all know Ms. Leigh is a girl.

> The suspense was really nerve-wrecking! Ms. Leigh really knows how to put her readers on the edge.

> The concept was new. I seriously didn’t think that Gia and her people would be what they were. I wouldn’t have ever imagined it. Very creative.

> The characters were very genuine especially Caleb. Gia? Not really a big fan of her. I liked Erica (the love struck girl).

QUOTABLE QUOTES:

“I’ve waited my entire life for this moment. Ever since I was a little girl, I understood that I was meant for something more. Something rare. I also knew that if I found it, then my old life would never be the same again. There are two parts to a person’s soul; the light and the dark. Without one the other can’t exist.”

FINAL WORDS:

Again, I am eternally grateful for the opportunity that I had reading this book. It was just great! I enjoyed every minute of it. There were times that it was too slow for me but as you read it more, it gradually increases its pace. I don’t know why but I felt there were some things that should have not been included anymore but then again maybe it would feel incomplete if those scenes were going to be removed.

Anyhow, this book was just awesome. I would recommend it for fans of the YA-paranormal genre. It has humor, suspense, romance and mystery. It will keep you reading until the very last page. The ending was totally unexpected. I never would have guessed that it was that person who was the Dark Seraphine.

This is my first KaSonndra Leigh book and would definitely not be the last.
Great read!

4 stars!

************************************
PRE-REVIEW:

Okay so I had mixed thoughts about this one.
I liked the whole concept but for those who have been reading my reviews I always emphasize that I mostly like books that have a fast pace.
This book was not one of them but hell I enjoyed it.

Review to follow!