And because of that, I knew it went both ways. He made me. And I made him.
REACTION AFTER READING THE BOOK
Jennifer. You really are so cruel.
You like to torture your readers!!
I need to get my hands on the next one soon!!
RELEASE IT ALREADY.
Here's the GIST
Katy was taken by Daedalus
And Daemon would do anything to get her back
Including give himself up to the very people who took Beth and his brother, Dawson.
But just when they thought they were finally understanding what was going on, more things get revealed.
Things that they never knew was even possible.
Little did they know that it was more than just them.
The plan was way too much bigger than just experimenting with the hybrids and the Luxens.
The world that they knew was about to change.
Will they be able to stop it?
After reading Opal and that damn heartbreaking cliffhanger.. I just really wanted to get my hands on Origin. But then again, we all have to wait patiently even though we all don't want to.
THOUGHTS AND PONDERINGS
I'll go and change my review format on this review as I believe I already described Daemon, Katy and the others on my previous reviews. I'll just end up having a lengthy Daemon character review if that happens. LOL.
Anyhow, I just thought that everything on this book was unexpected. I mean there were some that I predicted that was going to happen like the fact that Daemon would surrender himself to Daedalus to get to Katy and all that sh*t. But the rest, it was all downright surprising.
There was a mixture of everything here. Deception. Love. Secrets. Friendship. History *of aliens, hybrids and
STUFF THAT SURPRISED ME
MAJOR SPOILERS HERE.
1. I hated Blake. NO FREAKIN' doubt about that but I didn't expect him dead.
What's even better? Katy killed him! *YOU GO GIRL!* He had it coming.
2. I didn't expect that the origins were offsprings of hybrids and Luxens. What's even better? Archer is an origin too and so is Luc. Remember Luc? The one who seems to know a lot of things about anything? Well he's an origin too. Freaky thing is, the Daedalus are keeping a bunch of them in their facility. They do know that these kids are unstable right? What they should be doing is play and have fun while they're young but they aren't given any choice but to be lab rats for their silly experiments that I think sooner or later will blow in their faces.
3. Well first.. Daemon finally said the L word!! :D I could feel tingles all over my body when he said it. Haha. Gosh I wish I was Katy at that moment. LOL. Anyhow, that is so not the best part. The best part? They got married in Vegas baby!! Not exactly how I wanted it but hell the proposal was just so cute. It made me smile like a crazy person. Haha.
4. While Daedalus was plotting on getting Katy pregnant by Daemon, someone else was already pregnant. LOL. Stupid Daedalus really!! It was revealed on the later part of the book that Beth was pregnant! Surprisingly, Daemon was okay with it. Haha. The funny part is.. He is kinda thinking about it now too. Haha. That was just so cute.
5. Jennifer A. Why do you like making your readers suffer with your painful cliffhangers! Seriously? Alien invasion? :D
Honestly, I'm bad with series. I always tend to start one but never finish. Aside from the Twilight series and Harry Potter.. I don't think I ever finished another. LOL. But Lux series right here.. I am always in pace. I don't let a release go by without me reading it right after. Why? Because this is tad addicting. The writing. The plot. The pace. It is all just really really good! It was all too believable.
I AM UPSET THOUGH BECAUSE OF ONE THING
WHY CAN'T THE RELEASE DATE FOR THE SECOND BOOK COME SOONER???
I know that no matter how much I beg.. The release date won't change so I guess I'd have to just wait patiently.
Patience is never my best virtue but..
Let me just leave you guys with a quote from my boyfriend Daemon:
And if they thought exposing the truth to the world was the most extreme thing I could do to protect those I love, they haven't seen anything yet.
They had no idea what I was truly capable of.